You may also like
The Ever Curious GardenerRegular price $18.99 Save $-18.99
Unleash your inner geek and let this irreverent romp through the wonders of the garden yield practical results.
Curious why caressing your cucumber plants will help them bear more fruit? Or why you should grow oranges from seed even if the fruit is inedible? Or why trees need to sleep and how to help them?
Join acclaimed gardener, scientist, and author Lee Reich on a journey through the delights of your garden in this laugh-out-loud treatise on the scientific wonders of plants and soil. Offering eye-opening insight and practical guidance, coverage includes:
- How to maximize both flavor and nutrition in your garden bounty
- Helping plants thrive during drought
- Outwitting weeds by understanding their nature
- Making the best use of compost
- Tips on pruning and orchard care
- Why the dead language of Latin can make you a better gardener.
The Ever Curious Gardener is an irreverent romp through the natural science of plants and soil, ideal for newer gardeners moving beyond back-of-the-seed-pack planting to experienced gardeners whose curiosity at the wonders of cultivation grows deeper and stronger with each season.
Mastering Basic CheesemakingRegular price $29.95 Save $-29.95
A complete, hands-on beginner's guide to the magic and satisfaction of making your own cheese
The craft of home cheesemaking is exploding in popularity. However most "beginner" books are essentially loosely-organized collections of recipes which lack a progressive approach to teaching the fundamentals of this exciting and satisfying traditional skill. Mastering Basic Cheesemaking provides a complete hands-on guide to making cheese and other fermented dairy products from scratch, geared toward helping the novice cheesemaker to develop the intuition and abilities to position them for success, especially in the real world of the home kitchen.
This well-illustrated, clearly written practical guide assumes no prior experience on the part of the aspiring cheesemaker. Topics include:
- Understanding your ingredients, tools and techniques
- Whipping up "instant cheeses" such as ricotta and paneer while learning basic milk chemistry
- Progressing to fermented dairy products such as kefir, yogurt and sour cream
- Using bacteria and coagulant to create spreadable and tender cheeses like quark, chevre, cream cheese and American style cottage cheese
- Graduating to curdled, aged and ripened cheese—mozzarella, feta, cheddar, gouda, and parmesan.
Whether you are a budding cheesemaker, avid do-it-yourselfer, foodie, homesteader or cheese professional, this complete course in beginning cheesemaking from one of North America's foremost instructors is packed with everything you need to create delicious, nourishing and beautiful classic cheeses and other dairy delights.
Crochet HackingRegular price $22.99 Sale price $18.39 Save $4.60
Lettering From A to ZRegular price $20.95 Sale price $16.76 Save $4.19
Spark Your Creativity with Calligraphy
“I found Lettering from A to Z to be an open door, inviting me to play and create in entirely new ways.” —Sherry Richert Belul, author of Say it Now and founder of Simply Celebrate
Winner Indie Book Award for Gift/Specialty/Novelty Book in 2021
Winner 15th Annual National Indie Excellence Awards (2021) for Crafts & Hobbies
#1 New Release in Handwriting Reference, Mixed Media, and Printmaking
Lettering artist Phawnda Moore has been teaching calligraphy and design for 25 years. An award-winning author, she steps into beginning students’ shoes to select content, address anticipated questions, and offer solutions to the unexpected yet inevitable problems that are encountered in hand lettering.
Your creative life will be enriched with step-by-step tutorials “from A to Z.” Written in conversational narrative, this full-color book includes more than 200 images of Phawnda’s professional work, published articles, and guidance from her class demos to make beautiful projects. Blending traditional design principles and modern tools, it inspires you to find your own style.
Phawnda's instruction includes:
- 12 styles (Uncial calligraphy, Italic calligraphy, script calligraphy, brush lettering, faux calligraphy, rainbow lettering, monoline letters, handwriting and drawn letters)
- Customized, printable practice sheets
- Recommended writing tools, papers, sources, printing tips
- Layout, color, and design basics
- Lettering projects for youngsters
- Tips on how to organize your studio space
- Tips on sharing your skills in teaching, business, events, home, garden, and community
- Illustrating with calligraphy tools
- Projects to make handmade birthday cards, holiday cards, journals of your life, and easy-to-design art books
If you enjoyed Hand Lettering 101, The Lost Art of Handwriting, or Hand Lettering for Relaxation, then it’s time to grab a copy of Lettering from A to Z and reconnect to your natural creativity.
Maker. GardenRegular price $24.95 Sale price $19.96 Save $4.99
Create 15 beautifully-crafted handmade projects for your garden. From the smallest to the largest of spaces - whether a window box, balcony or acres of land - a garden can be elevated from everyday to extraordinary with this selection of makes that will transform and make the most of your outdoor space.
Nurturing our outdoor spaces can be transformative, giving us a connection with the natural world that is essential to a harmonious life. Created by Kerry Allen - whose blog Kezzabeth is the ultimate guide to creating stylish interiors from scratch on a tight budget.
the projects range from simplicity itself to impressive, large-scale makes. Whether you're a DIY novice or handy with a hammer, Maker. Garden will help you to develop your skillset from scratch and build your confidence with tools, or add to your expertise, making your garden a comfortable and stylish haven.Projects include:
Gate - Rustic garden screen - Fire pit - Tile planter - Planter with seating - Doormat - Rustic tray - Pallet seating - Star lantern - Storage rack - Bird box - Living herb feature wall - Scaffold bench - Storage chest - Concrete candle holder